Social Security Resources
Surprisingly enough, you can now get information about your Social Security account online.
Just go to www.socialsecurity.gov. Here, you can handle much of your Social Security business quickly and securely from your home or office computer, or your tablet.
At the Social Security website you can:
• create a “my Social Security” account for quick access to your information;
• get an instant, personalized estimate of your future Social Security benefits;
• apply for retirement, disability, spouse’s, and Medicare benefits;
• check the status of your benefit application;
• change your address and phone number, if you receive monthly Social Security benefits
• sign up for direct deposit of Social Security benefits;
• use the benefit planners to help you better understand your Social Security option;
• find additional social security resources
• request a replacement Medicare card; and
• apply for Extra Help with your Medicare prescription drug costs.… Read More